Thursday, May 1, 2008

Woohoo!

Last night was fantastic.

It started out well enough. I ate a small dinner at Fazoli's, then went to see Forbidden Kingdom. I liked it--it's a bad kung fu movie about bad kung fu movies. I especially liked the cameo of the Bride with White Hair, one of the best/worst of its genre. Plus, it has both Jet Li and Jackie Chan. What's not to like?

After that I was hungry again because, let's face it, I'm a giant, so I stopped by a diner and had a horseshoe and several cups of coffee while I went over a few plans for my Secret Project for Mr. Weather Control Device on my laptop. I was comfortable enough, and I don't sleep much since the boss did the Experiment on me, so I stayed there for most of the nigh and part of the morning, abused their coffee refills, and ordered some fries every now and then to not be too much of a moocher.

While I was staring blankly at some equations some time after midnight, a new waitress came up to me and asked in a chirpy voice, "Watcha working on?"

I was a bit startled, and mumbled a few things about "technical stuff" when I saw her. She's the prettiest girl I've ever seen--milky smooth skin, wavy black hair, pretty much a supervillain's dream.

"Looks like Reinholdt's Antigravity Equation, and a couple related formulae." She replied. Yes, I should have been infuriated by how nosy she was being but, honestly, she recognized Reinholdt's Equation from a glance. I fell in love right then.

"Yeah. I mean yeah, it is. I'm having a bit of trouble getting it to respond to the required mass, though." I responded.

"Can I take a look?" She asked as she re-filled my cup. "By all means." I answered.

In about one minute, she solved the problem for me. It was pretty obvious once I thought about it, but still.

"That's pretty amazing. I'm Silas, by the way." Yes. That's right. Remember, before you make fun of my name, I have access to weapons of mass destruction, and I can probably break you in half with one hand.

"I'm Judy." She returned, with a smile that made me feel warmer than a plasma conduit on overload. We talked for the rest of the night--we have the same interests in movies, physics, and mechanics. She's apparently a graduate student at UI New Vineyard, and is thinking about interning with Brannigan. She also thinks that Quizzer is lame, though she appreciates what he's doing for the city.

When I left in the morning, she was headed off shift too. She gave me both her phone number and a really, really good kiss.

I got a lot of work today, especially on my antigravity thrusters. Then, I called up Judy. We have a date on next monday, her next off night.

...oh crap. Which also just happens to be the day I unveil my new master plan to New Vineyard.

Oh well. Making the city my hostage can wait a day or two. Maybe I can convince Judy to get out of town a few days...

No comments:

Post a Comment