Friday, August 29, 2008

Screw the Olympics

Yeah. That's why you never got a post about them. Because once I realized the techno-plague wasn't going to turn Beijing into a lifeless, desolate landscape of metal and gears during the games I decided it wasn't worth my time.

Oh god, it looks like I'm going to rant about them after all. Just when you thought you were safe from people on the web ranting about China.

Personally, I think there're two reasons China got the games. The first is a sympathy vote. I mean, of everywhere, the techno-plague is hitting China hardest. Until they can figure out a better way to stop it than completely sterilizing the land of life, Beijing, and pretty much the rest of continental Southeast Asia (and possible the islands, depending on how it moves in water) is screwed. Though it has been slowing lately. I hear that pretty much every Asian and some Aussie and American superheroes are trying to find a way to beat it back.

The second is simple--controversy sells. I'm not sure what the figures were, but I definitely know I have heard more people talking about these Olympics than I have any of them in years.

That techno-plague is pretty cool, though. I mean, it has the biggest chance of destroying the world of any threat I know of, and it isn't even sentient. Man, I need to go see it before it gets cured by Dr. Fate or someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment