Sunday, August 31, 2008

Do Not See This Movie

Day of the Devil It's that mainstream action movie about when Rakshasa almost destroyed the world.

Even typing that sentence fills me with rage at this movie. Even Judy doesn't really get why I'm upset about this--we saw it together in a matinee just a few minutes ago. We actually kinda had a fight about it.

Everyone who didn't live through it is saying it is an "excellent, tasteful depiction of one of the darkest points of human existance." Everyone who did, like me, says that it's a tasteless, shallow monstrosity that doesn't even start to approach the topic with anything like respect. I was five and I remember it vividly.

Brimstone, the sky burning, things walking the streets, tearing open homes and devouring the people inside and hearing them scream and

I can't write this anymore. I just can't.

No comments:

Post a Comment