Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Rake Research

Mostly disappointing.

As far as I can tell, Jonathan Rake is a real person, not an alien with an invented past. Unless some sort of reality bending device inserted him whole cloth into our reality, it's fairly safe to say he's from our world. And, also, he seems to be exactly who he says he is. No sign of any scandal or complication or even major tribulation in his past. He's never even broken a bone, and I can count the number of times he's been sick on one hand, without using my thumb. The only time he's ever been in life-threatening danger was when he was stabbed.

And there's still no indication why he'd want to frame anyone, since his place in the polls has always been nearly record-breaking. Though it might not be him. Maybe he has some unknown benefactor. It could even be a hero, or at least an anti-hero, like Agent Spider. Honestly, this sort of thing seems right up his alley.

I did, however, discover one possible, vague clue. I'm not even sure what it signifies.

Back in the early 70's, when he was fresh out of college, Rake toured the globe. And, while he was in Pakistan, for one week, one day, and one hour, there is no record of his activities. The even wierder part is he turned up in Japan at the end of that period. Even wierder is that no one seemed to think this was wierd or question where he was. But there's no record of plane travel, hotel visits, smuggling across the border in a drug plane. Nothing.

Now, this could be nothing. But it's the only lead I have. I'm not even sure why I'm investigating this. Maybe I just want to know why I was framed and who framed me.

No comments:

Post a Comment