Sunday, April 27, 2008

There's Nothing Like a Job Well Done

This morning I had felt incompetent. Now, I feel like a million bucks. Funny what doing something right can do for your attitude.

For my raid on Brannigan R & D, I decided to take my submersible and an Incinerator tank. The Incinerator tank is a compact hovertank abosolutely covered in weapons--antipersonnel guns, flame throwers, a couple mini-missile launchers, and the main weapon, a giant plasma cannon. It also has a great red and yellow flames paint job. Look it up on CapeWiki, it's pretty sweet.

The tank is pretty much a must for raiding Brannigan. The place is a bunker built right into the island, big doors alloyed with metals not yet available to civilians, walls of thick, heat and shock resistant ceramic, gun emplacements, the works. There are rumors some big-shot superhero runs the company, but, really, given what I've heard they do, it seems just as likely a villain runs it.

Now, the obvious way in would be through thr front door. Instead of doing that suicide run, I burned a hole straight into the base of the hill the bunker is built into. The looks on their faces when the tank burst through a molten hole in the wall...people in orange jumpsuits scattered like rats, and the guards stared for a good ten seconds while all of the tank's independantly-firing weaponry went nuts. In all that chaos, I slipped out of the tank with a shopping cart and calmly rolled to a terminal, pausing only to toss and force-blast people in my way. My mask interfaced with the terminal, broke their childish security codes, and gave me a list of experiments and part storage in order of usefulness.

The thing that caught my eye immediately was "weather control device".

Leaving my tank to keep the guards busy and went to ransacking. A few plasma coils later, I blasted through the door leading to the weather control lab. The scientists were cooperative after I threatened to break every bone in their bodies, and handed me the device--a grey shaft, about as wide as my hand and as long as my torso, a series of spines on a wheel on the top and a smaller such device on bottom. About then, the tank warned me that a certain blue nerd had shown up.

When I arrived at my entrance point, I saw a somewhat-strained Quizzer projecting some kind of mental field around the room, shielding the guards from harm while he yelled at them to get to safety. Not one to miss a perfect chance, I fired a force blast at him from my bracer and knocked the surprised hero into a steel-alloy girder. A girder my tank then targeted with the plasma cannon.

Unfortunately, Quizzer's telekinesis blocked most of the attack, but his armor was scorched and, even more hilariously, his cape was on fire. He swore loudly and ripped it off, and by the time he was focused on me again, I was already back in my tank and driving as fast as I could for my submersible . I could see him mouth something like, "Where do you think you're going?" So, as I booked it through the molten tunnel, I projected a hologram I had prepared in advance just for him.

It said, "Well, Quizzer, you're a bit too late to stop me, but, tell you what. To make you feel important, I've just unleashed a half dozen missiles on various parts of this city. Now, you can either stop them or stop me...I'm afraid you don't have time for both."

Of course, I was lying. It ws actually a full dozen missiles that my submersible had fired. As I had predicted (heroes are so predictable, after all), he rushed to stop the missiles. For good measure, when I reached my submersible, I launched another dozen, just to keep him on his toes.

So, here I am, with a lovely, duplicatable weather control device...and I think I'm starting to get a plan on how to use it.

Oh, and for those of you who care, he stopped all the missiles. But from the news footage, it looked to be difficult.

Mwahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment