Sunday, April 27, 2008

Insomnia Strikes

I can't sleep, so I decided to browse CapeWiki for my new enemy, Quizzer. Turns out he was a small time hero in some small college town for a while, stopping muggings, fighting Mechanor's army back when it marched across the US in 2005, etc. When New Vineyard finished construction out here in Lake Michigan, he moved here. The "experts" on the wiki seem to think that his super speed, his mild super strength, his flight, and mild invulnerability are all by-products of his telekinesis. So, instead of many different powers he has one, extremely useful, power. Hmmm....I can use that.

Why he took the name "Quizzer" is unknown. Maybe it's an inside joke. Maybe he's doing it to confuse the hell out of his enemies. It works.

Where he got his armor is also a point of interest. There are some pictures of him on the Wiki in poorly-tailored spandex flying around and stopping crime (he looks even dorkier than he does now) and then, according to his sparse entry, one day he was wearing kevlar and had fancy goggles. I bet some higher-up hero's doing all his tech work for him. It would figure--I had to bust my ass repairing all of the old boss's stuff, and reworking weapons and armor built for an athletic scientist into weapons and armor built for a seven foot tall mountain. But some nerd just phones up some crappy superhero supply store and gets brand new armor delivered.

Oh well, being bitter won't get me the money I need for a new plasma coil. Maybe tomorrow I can hit Brannigan R & D and see if I can steal something decent from them. At the very least, I might be able to find enough parts to build one myself. They don't grow on trees...well, they might in that part of Asia that's still under that techno-plague, but that's beside the point.

Well, I'm rambling, so I'll just go try get some more sleep. Hopefully tomorrow will be more productive.

EDIT: Apparently, the video of me getting a luxury car to the face is obscenely popular on YouTube. I hate my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment