Thursday, July 17, 2008

Petrification

This also isn't as bad as it sounds.

My body is laced with ceramic. It makes me super-strong, super-tough, a bit smarter than normal, energy-absorbant, and aging slightly slower than the normal person. It is, in fact, the same stuff they put on steel during the process of creating duranium.

But there are side effects. My eyes, my increased density, and occasionally greying. And I'm not talking about hair.

Sometimes my skin turns grey and my muscles get stiff, usually when I've been exposed to a bit more radiation than normal, but it just randomly shows up from time to time. It's a bit painful. And a bit alarming. But it fades in time. It's like having arthritis. Only not. Because that would be lame for any villain under 50. I wonder if Devias has arthritis, if he's still alive today.

Of course, now that I've insinuated Devias has arthritis I'm probably getting deathrayed. Oh well.

Then again, if Devias is alive today he's probably found the fountain of youth or some sort of age-reversing-ray or something like that, knowing him. I swear, golden age heroes and villains have their degrees in "plot-device science". Of course, these days, we go for degrees in gimiicky science. Like destroying things.

Does anybody else think it's wierd, by the way, that we refer to it as the golden age? As far as I can tell, we're doing it because of how comics are described. That's, like, the opposite of how it works. Plus, unlike comics, all those old heroes and villains--well, almost all--are dead or retired by now. The only pair I can think of that are still active are the Scarlet Sorceress and her insidious rival, super-supervillain Rakshasa. And that's just because they're immortal. Well, Rakshasa is anyway. Scarlet Sorceress is just aging really slowly. I like the whole sexy librarian thing she has going for her....who am I kidding? Everyone likes the sexy librarian thing she has going for her. Sure, she's not exactly "sexiest hero of the year" anymore, but that's only because she's not all "dressed" up in skin-tight black spandex like the floozies these days are. It's like they're asking for a wardrobe malfunction.

God, I'm showing my age. Judy says I talk like an old man some times. Well, I am nearly forty, after all, even though you wouldn't think me past my mid-late 20's to look at me. At least I'm not turning into my father.

Gah, I'm rambling. Next time, I'll talk about that whole frame-up thing.

Oh, and by the way, this, http://drhorrible.com/ , is several shades of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment