Monday, May 4, 2009

Okay

Something odd's going on.

When I got the news Judy was out of her coma, I rushed right to the hospital. I only paused to send that update to my blog. By the time I arrived, however, Judy had been placed in isolation.

My demands to see her didn't go so well. According to the doctors, after the initial woozy period, Judy started shrieking her head off and panicking. She was strapped down to keep her from hurting herself or pulling something loose while she calmed down. It took hours for her to calm down. When she finally did, I got to see her.

Yes, me, a nearly seven foot tall super-human, was scolded by a middle-aged nurse into not going to see Judy during that time. Shut up.

When I saw her, she was in bed, staring at the window. When I tried to meet her gaze, she turned to face the hall. When I went around the other side of the bed, she faced the window again.

I told her I'd missed her, that I loved her, that I'd been here almost every day since she was hurt.

She didn't speak. There was a long, long silence, until she said, "I brought something back with me."

I didn't get a chance to grill her further, as the nurse chased me out then, saying she should be alone for observation, given her violent reaction.

What does that even mean? Did her soul go somewhere while she was out or something? That's sounds like magic to me, or something like it. Better ask Hex when I get the chance. Hope I can see Judy more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Man, I know you are a tough guy and can take care of yourself. But, watch out. I hear there are all kinds of crazy magical parasites out there. She could have brought back an number of dangerous, and annoying, things.

    ReplyDelete